Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mission Accomplished!

Whew! I've been workin'!! I am tired of painting...but I think I have really done a nice job. See for yourself...

Prepping for painting...


The teal countertop...



Ok...maybe you didn't need THAT many pictures...too bad. I just finished painting it today because it takes a thousand coats of paint to get this job right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For those of you have who haven't painted anything like this or furniture, please take this advice - Sand, prime, prime again (if painting lighter) THEN and only then should you paint, paint, paint. I have painted a crib, a twin bed and now this cabinet...sand, prime, paint. In that order. No shortcuts. You'll regret it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have actually enjoyed my little project...but I was more than ready to have the finished product.

Now you have pictures that include the floor and the countertop...let's get a few suggestions on a wall color. I have one in mind because I picked up a few paint swatches at the big 'W' the other day...so if even ONE person throws out my 'chosen' color, that's definitely what it'll be. Otherwise, I'll probably whine and complain that no one chose it and I'll have a complex. So tune into your ESPN and pick my color.....I'm sending out color vibes....ready, set, GO!

P.S. Donald will be home after noon Thursday....can't WAIT to get his reaction!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bright green walls...



guess who?
heh-heh... g

Karen said...

Tina, you did a GREAT JOB!! I really like them alot!!! So what did D think? Colors, I thinking....some sort of yellow color...whatcha think of that?? :-)

Anonymous said...

Great job!!! As for the wall color. The complementary color of teal is Coral Pink.