Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Memories have been made...

This Christmas will go down as one of the funniest Christmases ever!!

It all started with this guy:


My dad won Mr. Wonderful at a party this past weekend...he deemed it necessary to bring it to me. The inside of the tag reads, "Mr. Wonderful has been carefully developed with today's modern woman in mind. He is complete with good looks, sense of style, sensitivity, charm, and is genuinely sincere. The perfect gift for any woman, whether single or married!"

Mr. Wonderful speaks when you squeeze him like Charmin.

For every line, I had a comeback...keep in mind that the comebacks were shared with my dad and stepmother.

Mr. W: "Actually, I'm not sure which way to go. I'll turn in here and ask for directions."
Me: He isn't too proud to ask for directions...

Mr. W: "Here, you take the remote. As long as I'm with you, I don't care what we watch."
Me: He's been known to watch whatever I want...HGTV, TLC, chick flicks, etc...

Mr. W: "You know, honey, why don't you just relax and let me make dinner tonight."
Me: He does cook. He cooked dinner for the first 4 years we were married because of my work schedule. Every now and then, even after working all day, he will come home and make dinner.

Mr. W: "Aw, can't your mother stay another week."
Me: (shrugged, not applicable to us.)

Mr. W: "The ball game really isn't that important. I'd rather spend time with you."
Me: Honestly, my hubby HAS missed games to do stuff with me...and now that we have a DVR, oh, well, there'll be no excuse!

Mr. W: "Let's just cuddle tonight."
Me: uh...er...no comment.
Some subjects are better left undiscussed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Family gift time...

I bought gifts for my aunt. She likes to write practical items on her wish list, making her super easy to buy for. She does some work at home dealing with lots of paperwork. She requested a staple puller and rubber fingers. Are you familiar with rubber fingers?

She was so excited about her new office supplies.

And then...someone pointed out that I had given my aunt the finger!!

We were laughing so hard our stomachs were hurting.

I hope everyone checked their bladder issues at the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A gift from my husband...

I made mention of a certain bed pillow I saw in a sales ad. It looked super comfy.I unwrapped a heavily taped box...and when I finally made it through all the tape, something started expanding.

It was this...


I got this awesome new pillow, can't wait to try it out.

And then the thought occurred; I'll be sleeping with a hunk tonight!!

That was funny enough, but Donald added something like, "make that two!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donald better be a hunky Mr. Wonderful or he'll get the finger.

5 comments:

Kellan said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Glad you had such a funny and fun Christmas. Take care. Kellan

ToolSmartz said...

See?... I told you that you needed Mr. Wonderful in your house.

Now D doesn't have to carry the load all by himself. :-)

Kellan said...

Hey girl - I like you new look - I love the phrase in your heading!! See you soon. Kellan

Noodle said...

BWHAHAHA!! Sounds like your Christmas was too fun! :)

Amy said...

Tina, that is hysterical!:)
(I'm enjoying these posts this morning!) :)