Sunday, January 13, 2008

Daddy and the Future Prima Ballerina

Wouldn't you know it...my husband made it home without one stinkin' problem. In fact, his first flight (Honolulu to L.A.) landed 30 minutes early!! That's fine. He can keep all the flying to himself.

We spent the weekend partying. First up, Ella was invited to her friend Averie's 4th birthday party. It was so cute...a princess party at a local dance studio. She started off really shy, but before long, she was out there doing ballet. See, she got a Barbie Nutcracker movie for Christmas and has been wanting to learn how to ballet since then. She caught on so well...did all the little moves really well. I was really proud of her. She even pronounced the move correctly after hearing it only a few times. Arabesque. (ar-uh-besk) "Watch, mom, I can arabesque!"

Do you see it coming??

Yep. She now wants to take dance classes!!

We've been excited that she'll be old enough to play soccer for our church this spring...but now we're talking about dance. We've talked about wanting to get her involved in something soon...I think we're game.

Ella will begin dance classes...soon...as in...possibly Monday.

We've got to get our hands on shoes and leotards, even if they're hand-me-downs. This is going to be FUN!

Our next party was for Debbie's (and Kevin's) daughter, Rachel. She turned two on Friday and had a sweet little Elmo party. With pizza!! Yay for pizza!!! I've been wantin' some pizza this week, as I've started watching what I eat again. It was de-lish!

We were last to leave that party, as always...but it was mostly because the Tigers were playing. Gotta love those tigers!! We're so proud of our alma mater.

I do wish I had had my camera at these parties the other day...what a loser!!

Well. I'm super glad that all the Hawaii postings are finished. Now I can get back to posting about my babies and our little life.

Coming soon, some kind of picture of the kids...I know you must be cravin' some!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your commet. I am thrilled you are doing the study and pray it will be a great blessing to you. Please check in with me and let me know how it is going. Blessing!

jennwa said...

That sounded like a fun weekend.Sorry about the pizza, it is hard for me to resist it too. My daughter took dance and absolutely loved it.

Kellan said...

Great weekend!!

Hey - thanks for coming over and leaving the well wishes - I am fine - only need to remember about that bra thing the next time I ever have to call 911. Hope to see you tomorrow. Kellan