Thursday, February 28, 2008

Uh, What's up Doc?

Raise your hand if you have a doctor-friend. Really? You over there? Great! Go see your doctor friend and tell them I have a question.

There is no sandpaper in it.

There are no staples in it.

There are no serrated knives in it.

There is no razor wire in it.

There are no shards of glass in it.

So why in the world does ‘drainage’ make your throat hurt so stinkin’ bad??

I had visions of little critters in my throat skating around on roller razor blades yesterday morning. I popped in a Halls, climbed back in bed and skipped my workout. Blasted drainage.

Nothing makes me want to eat a spoonful of soothing Vaseline like a sore throat.

Are you with me?

My throat was fine the rest of the day; however, I could not be accused of being lady-like with all the snorking, blowing, and hacking…I’m just plain snot-i-fied. Blech.

But I will not be conquered. Even though I’m snottin’, I got up and did my running this morning.

Take that, drainage.

9 comments:

Kelli said...

Good for you. I probably would have went back to bed.hehe

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I find that when I workout with drainage I look worse than the kids playing in the cold with respect to seepage down my face out my nose. Gross I know, but something about working out and drainage makes is simply turn into a waterfall.
KEEP BELIEVING

Lorrie said...

Bless your heart! Rob has what you have too.
Running probably did you a lot of good, so kudos to you for getting out there in the cold and flushing those germs out.

L-

Melissa said...

Ha hah a. I always find that when I have 'drainage' I will drink some herbal tea and that seems to help a bit.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I have totally had what you're going through! You describe it so well! sandpaper, razors!!! OUCH! I hope that it goes away quickly.

Beth Cotell said...

You go girl! Glad you got your workout in even though you aren't feel 100%! Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hear you girl! I've been fighting this sinus junk for two weeks now.

Hope you feel better soon.

jennwa said...

I hope you feel better soon, I hate a sand paper throat.

Anonymous said...

You should drink Airborne. It totally works. I think it saved me from getting the stomach virus that MY whole family had, plus Steve. Em didn't get it either, THANK GOODNESS!