I’ve done several memes. Here's one. Here's another one. And another. I will try my best not to duplicate any of my randomness!
I was tagged by Amy at In My Life to do this one. You should hop over to her blog and browse her posts…she cracks me up!
1. My husband calls me Monkey Toes. I can pick things up with my feet. Say I’m folding the laundry and I drop an article of clothing on the floor. If I’m barefooted, I’m not bending over to get it, I’m grabbing it with my ‘monkey toes’. If I drop a pen, same thing. I can’t quite get coins. Paper gets wrinkled. And food, well, that’s gross.
2. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had high blood pressure and lots of swelling. My feet were so big that a (male) co-worker of mine told me to throw the shoes away and wear the box because I had ‘Barney Rubble feet’. (enough about my feet, right?) When I went in for my 36 week appointment, my blood pressure was high enough to warrant bed rest. It was a Tuesday and my last day of work was to be that Friday, so I got to quit my job 3 ½ days early, yay! I told my co-workers that I just really wanted at least one week to myself before the baby came…they were all laughing when she came early that Friday morning.
3. I buy a lot of generics when I shop…but there are a few things that I will not substitute. Heinz Ketchup. Lipton Tea Bags. Cottonelle TP. COKE. Dove soap. I’m sure there are more…
4. My front teeth don’t meet. The back ones do, but not the front ones. I don’t believe I sucked my thumb as a child, but that’s what it reminds me of. This, too, is a source of entertainment for my husband. He laughs when I have trouble eating things that require a ‘good bite’. For instance, mozzarella cheese sticks, pizza and a ChickFila sandwich are nearly impossible to eat when all you do is leave the cheese hanging, rake the cheese right off the crust, or only get a mouthful of bread. But apparently I’ve learned to cope…I don’t quite look like I’ve missed any meals.
5. I had a meltdown when I was 21. Not a spoiled-brat kind of meltdown caused by not getting my way. My dad’s job was relocating. I was starting my senior year of college. I had a friend at school whose roommates had all left and she had asked me to move into her on-campus apartment. I thought it was going to be perfect. I was very excited!! Then, the night that Donald and I were painting my room, I started to crumble. He asked me what was wrong and all I could say was ‘I think I want my dad’. It was very bizarre. I called my dad boo-hooing and managed to tell him that I was on my way to his house. He tried to cheer me up and offered to take me back to the apartment, where I had left Donald painting, so he could help. If it had ended there, I would probably have forgotten all about this…but no. I dropped some weight. I had to cut back from full-time to part-time at work. I wanted to quit school…dad urged me to continue since I was so close to being finished. I had taken my twin-sized mattress to school with me, so Dad bought another one so I could stay at home for a while until he moved. Then Dad came to pick me up every Wednesday night and take me to dinner. I eventually recovered and Donald proposed to me that Christmas, despite my ‘freak out’. I never realized how much of a Daddy’s girl I was.
6. I hate being told to calm down. I want to feel the way I feel, about whatever, at the moment. There aren’t many things that make me want to throw plates against the wall, but telling me to ‘Calm Down’ is one of them. Don’t worry. Donald has been informed…maybe more than once.
7. I have quite a few pet peeves. Here are a few examples. I don’t like it when dishes are put into the sink without having water run into them; it makes them harder to clean. Cell phones that ring in inappropriate places. People who don’t use their blinker when they’re turning. Whistling. Not celebratory whistling, but whistling just to whistle. Don’t you know the words to that song?!?! EEK! But I’m not always hard to please. A lot of people like their toilet paper to hang a certain way on the roll…not me. I’m just happy it’s there at all.
I should probably tag a few folks to do this...I just really don't want to.
Give it a shot girls...it's free and fun!!