Monday, May 5, 2008

Beans, beans...

We were at dinner with some friends Sunday night...at a Mexican restaurant...where my girl-child was tearing up some refried beans. Oh boy. She's cracking us up because every few minutes she's saying 'I need more beans, please.' We're scrounging around the table scraping uneaten beans onto her plate. She's chowin'.

And I'm watching this guy at another table with his son. I heard this kid burp numerous times. Because he's not my kid, it was funny to me. I couldn't hear if he ever said 'Excuse me' or not, but it was funny anyway. I heard him again and they caught me looking...and the dad tried to get the kid to excuse himself. I just smiled and looked away. No big deal. I think they thought it was funny that I was laughing at him.

My kids are eating like crazy. Evan had come down from his end of the table, because his food was gone, to my end of the table to graze on whatever was left. He had cheese dip dripping from his mouth...seriously, he leaves there with cheese dip on the inside and outside of his belly.

Evan is entertaining the dad and his kid. He's doing this little dance thing from the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and saying 'Bong-chicca-wah-wah, chicca-wah-wah.' He is 'dinner and a show.' Because his act comes complete with a bow.

Then the attention turns to Ella and her friend Miss M.

They're goofing around and decide that there must be something funny underneath their chairs.

So with rears in the air, they're cackling as they look under their seats...

Surely you see it coming.

Oh yea...my sweet daughter...tooted. And laughed.

And laughed!

And guess who was still watching...uh huh, the kid and his dad. Hmmm, for some reason I couldn't bear to look at them when it was my kid 'bodily-functioning'.

I laughed...

What can you do?

Kids get away with the darnedest things.

Let hubs do that...he may have to walk home.



Sig150

9 comments:

Amy said...

So funny!

That sounds like a dinner at my house.....:) (I'm referring to my kids of course, not me.) ;)

Kelli said...

My 20 year old burps at the table at home all the time. I try to tell him the 2 and 3 year old wont understand the difference between home and out in public, quit doing that. So of course it happens in public.

Lorrie said...

You have some funny kids! Precious, I tell ya'

Sara said...

This is soo funny! Sounds like "every" time we go out to eat!

Anonymous said...

oh, what i have to look forward to! cute story as always!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Too funny!

Beth Cotell said...

All you can do is laugh! Seems my kids are always making inappropriate "noises" when we go out!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I KNOW how much you LOVE pooting but that.is.so.funny!!!! LOL!!!!!

Noodle said...

ROFL!! What a riot!