I don't mind doing memes. I like the random questions that help you get to know me better. I like to read your memes and learn more about you, too.
My friend Yvette tagged me for this little meme gem. If you haven't been to see Yvette, you're missing out. She's a trip.
Alright, here's the read of the day.
Here are the rules (post these first).
1. Each player answers questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, tag 5 people by posting their names.
3. Go to their site/blog and leave a comment telling them they've been tagged. Invite them to your site/blog so they can read the tagged post.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've completed your tagged post.
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I had probably just finished final exams for my sophomore year of college. I was working at the bank…with great people in a great location…loved it!! My car was about to die so I bought a brand new car in June ’98. I was dating Donald…had been dating him for almost 4 years. I was living at home with my dad. I was playing co-ed softball for my church. I visited a pen pal in Albuquerque NM. And I had just had my wisdom teeth cut out. Exciting stuff.
2. What are 5 things on your "To Do" list?
a) Finish Ella’s ABC album.
b) Lose at least 20lbs.
c) Read a book this summer.
d) Cut the grass.
e) Get with Debbie to decide when WE are using our Mother’s Day gifts…gift certificates for a Spa Day!! Yahoo!
3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
a) Hershey bar with Almonds
b) Ice cream with lots of ‘stuff’ in it
c) Chips and Dip
d) Frozen Thin Mints (Girl Scout cookies)
e) Fruit-n-Yogurt Parfait from McDs
4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire.
-The first beneficiary would be my church.
-I’d sell my house for whatever it would sell for and build my dream house.
-I’d set up accounts for my kids’ college education and their first house when they get married.
-I’d pay off the debts of my family…and a few choice friends.
-I’d pick five families who ‘struggle’ and change their lives forever.
5. Name some places where you've lived.
House. Apartment. Trailer. House. Apartment. House.
Florida, I was born there but we relocated before I was a year old. Tennessee. I’ve been here forever. And some of you know that we may not be here forevermore.
6. Name some bad habits you have.
Some? Maybe we should set a limit so I don’t over do it. Let's say, five, like Yvette did.
- Not eating completely healthy
7. Name some jobs you've had.
Let’s talk about the jobs that I don’t talk about much.
- Bath & Body Works – I helped open a new store in a local mall. Talk about organization. That place has to be ‘just right’. All the bottles have to be lined up just so…reminds me of that movie ‘Sleeping with the Enemy’, you know, the labels have to be turned to face a certain way…it got really old, really fast. I worked through Christmas, but when they decided to have mandatory inventory on Super Bowl Sunday, I got ticked. I’m a sports girl. And a ‘good commercial’ girl. I wanted to watch the game with my dad. So I just didn’t go to work that day. Consider me terminated. I’m a loser.
- Terminix – I graduated college in May 2000. I got married in August 2000. I waited until after the wedding to start my ‘grown-up’ job search. I was hired by Terminix as a staff accountant. After my first week, I had no peace about the job. I started my second week and felt physically ill. By Thursday, I was pitiful. It was as if I was having a nervous breakdown or something. That day, as I was driving home from work, it got bad. I felt sick to my stomach. I just knew I was going to Ralph. I was driving down the road thinking ‘What can I puke in?’ Aha! There’s my lunchbox. I pulled over on the side of the road and ‘had it out’ with my ills about the job. I went home to my new husband and told him that I must quit this job. He supported my decision. I quit the next day. Loser times 2.
- Mother’s Day Out teacher – I did this job for three years once I became a SAHM. For those three years, I taught with the same person. She took another position with the church and decided that she wasn’t coming back to teach the next year. I was already doing something else, so her decision was one more reason to end my teaching career. Very wise decision…it’s done me a lot of good.
- Filing - Sounds exciting, right? You have no idea. My best friend Debbie works from home for a growing company. She found herself being swamped in paperwork that needed filing in her home office. She requested help and they allowed her to hire me to file for her. So every week, I load up the kids and we go to her house. The kids are entertained by toys, movies, each other and Debbie’s mom. Debbie and I are able to cut up, er, I mean work. I have never had so much fun at ‘work’…and there’s never been a day that I’ve dreaded going. I’ve gotten my
8. Name those whom you are tagging.
I’m tagging Eenie, Meeney, Miney, Moe and Curly. If you feel compelled, take a crack at it. I'm rebelling against this rule! hee!