- Tonight is the recital that we're going to miss. I'm going to try to keep busy so I don't get all bugged out about it.
- Did you know that schools in NC don't let out until the 9th of June?? (when did they start, I wonder?)
- I love having access to a pool...although the hours are weird because the schools are still in session. I'm pretty sure that we're going to join the Y when we get home so we can have access to a pool and a waterpark all summer long. And let's not forget that they provide childcare while Mama does her workout. Sweet!
- Ella: I want to go swimming in the 'Cat' pool.
Me: (thinking that's disgusting) What 'Cat' pool?
Ella: You said they have a 'kitty' pool.
Me: (full-out-belly-laughing) OH! That's 'Kiddy' pool...as in Kids, kiddies...
She's a hoot!
- My dad started a new job one month ago. Since then, I have only spoken to him a handful of times. I used to hear from him nearly every day via email or comments on this here bloggy thingy. I miss my dad.
- My 25 year old cousin has been named the Head Coach of a local high school baseball team for the summer. We are pretty sure they'll offer it to him full-time, but either way, this is super for his resume. He rocks! The past year of his life has been pretty tough, with the loss of his father to cancer and now his aunt is eaten up with it. The baseball thing is a huge positive that he needed.
- Headed to the beach tomorrow. It will probably be our only shot at the beach this year...so I hope it's good!
- I didn't think there were any beds worse than our old one. Wrong. We are currently sleeping on a tiny double bed with what feels like box springs for a mattress. It stinks royally.
- I'll be officially starting my work-at-home career when we get home. I've already gotten new phone lines and a fax machine. Mama's going to make some 'chedda' (cheese, that is).
- Ooo...mama's 'own' money...could lead to a sweet little girly weekend...yippie!
Tell me something random about your day...