Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm the Hostess with the Mostess

Most calories, that is.
I hosted my Bunco group at my house last night. We have Bunco once a month, and we rotate houses. We all have trouble deciding what to serve. I decided on a Chicken Club Ring...it's been a few years since I served it...so I went with it again.
Pampered Chef Chicken Club Ring - my way*
2 cans Cresent Rolls
3 boiled, chopped chicken breasts
1/3 c mayo
1 tsp mustard
1 c shredded Swiss Cheese
4 slices cooked, chopped bacon
* Options - mix 1c mayo with 2tsp mustard to give you a dipping sauce. Serve it with tomato slices and shredded lettuce. Add extra cheese and bacon like I do.
-Combine chicken, cheese, bacon, mayo and mustard.
-Arrange cresent rolls on round stone, with the widest part toward the middle, leaving about a 4 inch circle in the center of the ring-to-be.
-Add chicken mixture around the ring and fold the cresent rolls, attaching the thin end of the roll to the middle of the ring.
-Bake as directed on cresent roll package.
Voila!! It's so good you'll wanna slap yer mama.
I served my chicken ring with chicken flavored rice, lima beans and corn. It was a huge hit!
But of course I saved the best for last.
I had heard about a cake made with ice cream sandwiches, and my search led me to the following recipe:


3 ingredients folks. That's it!

Ice cream sandwiches
Cool Whip
Oreos*

*I substituted Heath Toffee Bits for the Oreos just to put a spin on it.
Oh, and then we drizzled chocolate syrup on it.
Mmmm, mmmm.
Fast. Easy. Delicious.
Give it a try.
Especially if you're trying to pack on a few pounds.
Sweet Success!
Sig150

20 comments:

Cindy Kraft said...

Looks mighty tasty. I extra mile for you. lol

jennwa said...

Both look great.

I love the ice cream sandwich cake and I love, love, love, Heath bars. I can not wait to try them together.
That is one of those ideas, when you say," Now why didn't I think of that."

Amy said...

I will definitely write those down and when I am "trying" to pack on some more pounds....I know where to start.:)

Brittany said...

Oh my word! I am making both of those bad boys... amazing!!! :)

rthling said...

I make the ice cream sandwich cake once in a while. We love it. It's also yummy drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauces together. But I'll have to try it with crushed Oreos. That sounds good.
Never had the chicken ring, however. I so need a stone to cook on.

Chelsea said...

Yum! I want to join your BUNCO group!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

The ice cream cake looks fun and easy and good and refreshing and sinful and ...

KEEP BELIEVING

Kelli said...

I am having dial up issues here in Idaho so I may not check as much as I would like, some of my blogs are not even loading up. dang. Anyway, I love both those recipes. if there are pictures I am going to have to come back cuz no pics loaded. I am so spoiled with highspeed

Unknown said...

I have to take a dessert on Friday to a July 4th BBQ. maybe I will steal your recipe. Anything to not have to turn on the oven!!

Jenny said...

YUM! I think I'll put both on the menu for tomorrow night. Thanks for the recipes!

Erin said...

Congrats on a successful party! Both of those look REALLY good!

Anonymous said...

Two things:

I want to come to your bunco group now!

YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe I will be trying this delightfully thigh friendly treat soon!

Lynell said...

What a great cake. I can't wait to try it. Not that I need the extra calories. But hey, everybody deserves a little splurge now and then. Thanks for the recipes. My family would love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh great! Thanks Tina - just what I need....more extra pounds and both of these looks scrumptious!

andrea said...

that sounds so stunningly delicious especially the dessert! perfect for summer! So you have bunco too! I have heard so much about it...it's very tempting to start this in my town. fun, fun fun! thanks for the recipes...

Shannon said...

All of it sounds good. Well, except for the lima beans. Remember, I'm picky about my vegetables. lol

My mother-in-law makes the ice cream cake. We've made it before also...even Steve has!! Yours is much prettier though. ;)

Beth Cotell said...

Yum! Yum! Yum! Can I come over next time?

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Yum!!! Sounds so good!

Unknown said...

Oh my that ice cream sandwhich cake looks to.die.for! YUM! Can I plesae come to your house for Bunco next time?

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Oh geez -- that makes me hungry just reading all of that! Will you come over and make me some lunch?