Friday, October 17, 2008

Grilling Goodness #3


1. What is your least favorite aspect of Election Year?

2. What is something your spouse could do to make you feel special?

3. Do you complain at restaurants or do you just tip less?

4. If you had it to do over again, would you choose the same wedding date you had?

5. What kind of car do you drive?

6. If you have siblings, are you close to them?

7. Do you spend the same amount of money on each child at Christmas or just buy a certain number of gifts?

8. What phrase do you find yourself saying all the time?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My Answers

1. It's a toss up. I can't stand the ugliness that comes out in people. And I can't stand the ignorance. If people would just take a little time to dig a smidge deeper than what comes out of these guys' mouths, you could definitely choose wiser.

2. Plan a special day. Arrange for a sitter and take me somewhere he knows I'd like to go.

3. Depends. If is clearly the servers fault, I might tip a little less. If the food is wrong or something else doesn't suit me, I might clue the manager in...but typically, I keep my mouth shut and find other places to eat.

4. We chose our wedding date because it was the closest Saturday we could get to my grandparent's anniversary...they have now been married 55 years!! (a path we'd like to follow!) So if it wasn't for that, I might say no. August was HOT...I think I may have opted for a March or October wedding.

5. I drive a PAID FOR 1999 Toyota Sienna. New to me, but I've only had it 3 years come Sunday.

6. I have one older brother and I rarely see him or hear from him. It's been that way since he moved away from home the day he turned 18.

7. I try to spend the same amount on both of the kids. Not sure why it really matters or if it's what I'll continue to do. My thoughts on Christmas are all over the board...that's another post!

8. 'Do you need to go potty?'

Now Go Play!!!








I'm taking a little break this weekend, so visit each other and I'll check on you Monday morning! Have a great weekend!!



Photobucket

9 comments:

Amy said...

I'll get my post up on Monday.

5. Paid for cars just seem to ride better, amen?;) I know mine does.:)

7. Every year is different here too.

8. LOL!:) I think I'm okay now, but after one more cup of coffee, I probably will have to go. Thanks for asking.;)

Big hugs,
Amy:)

Anonymous said...

:) Have a great weekend!

McFurr said...

Thanks!

5. I can't wait to have a paid for car!

7. I am sure my only having 1 child makes Christmas much easier for me.

Have a great weekend!

PS Did you check out my wordless Wednesday? It was just for you and Debbie

Mia said...

5. yes sister!!
7. I will post a Christmas conundrum post if you will!!
Thanks for doing this each week it is alot of fun!!
Have a great weekend golden bunch!

Jen said...

I say number 8 phrase a lot too!

Anonymous said...

1) Everything
2) He always seems to notice when I need help with something and just does it.
3) Depends on the issue. Once I wrote a note on my bill that stated "if we had actually seen you, you would actually see a tip."
4) No! Our anniversary is 2/22 and I ALWAYS say it is 2/28. . .who knows why either!!
5) a sexy minivan, with hopes to trade it in next Christmas for a suburban.
6) not really she is a high power executive. . .I am a mom there isn't much we have in common
7) no set money or gifts
8) I am not kidding. Usually said to my children.

Tracey said...

I played along this week too...great questions...sorry to hear you are not close to your brother.

Cheryl said...

2. I agree!!!

5. Paid for cars are awesome!

8. I am sure that this will soon be a part of my daily banter with Gracie.

Love the questions. I was nodding off because it had gotten so late, but I had to log on and answer.

Unknown said...

I always forget you are doing this now on Fridays. I will have to "play along" next week (i'll be gone this Fri.)

Anyway, here are my answers to this one:

1. The mudslinging of course!

2. Plan a getaway for us!

3. tip less

4. Yes! It's exactly 4 years from the day we started dating!

5. Honda CR-V

6. I have 3 older brothers and am close to the youngest one. The others, not so much.

7. Just buy whatever...

8. Lately it's "Whatevs..." Guess that's not really a phrase is it. How about "Don't do that to your brother!"