Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm gathering Christmas lists...in a hurry!!

Yikes!! With Thanksgiving being so late in November this year, I feel like I will be WAY behind if I wait to shop until after Turkey Day.

So I'm on a mission! I must gather lists before Thanksgiving. Better still, I must gather lists by Thursday.

The grown ups in my family swap names (we usually do this on Thanksgiving day), so we each only have one adult to buy for...except that we all usually buy for the grandparents because they always buy for all of us. Also, we all buy for the family children until they graduate from highschool. Then, our kids swap gifts with a few kids in other families. And we have one Christmas party to attend where hubs and I need to bring a $15 gift each....then we'll play "Dirty Santa" or whatever that ruthless game is called. Ruthless, but really fun...moving on.

The shopping must commence!!

Hubs and I must go over all those circled toys in the three or four toy books we have floating around the house. We must decide what toys are acceptable and which ones might make us want to stick hot pokers in our eyes...those toys will not be coming to the Goodness home!

And this all needs to be done by Thursday!

Why Thursday??

Because, Friday morning, I am going with three girlfriends to a city several hours away (not a land far, far away, because we don't want to spend all of our free time in the car!) to do nothing but Christmas shop!! (and eat, and yap, and eat, and giggle) This will be the third year that we've had a girly weekend of shopping and it really is a treat!

So...family, if you're reading, get those lists submitted for swapping, pronto. (and this means that hubs and I have to get cracking as well - eek!)

Otherwise, you'll be getting paperclips and kleenex. (that's random, but that's what I have sitting in front of me at the moment)

Happy Tuesday, all!






Photobucket

10 comments:

Sara said...

*Pouts*

You're going on a shopping weekend?

I'm so jealous.

*Pouts*

BUT............. glad SOMEONE is getting their shopping down. :)

Mia said...

What fun! I hope you realize how blessed you are to have a big family! : )

Unknown said...

FUN!! That is a really great idea to have a shoppingweekend with the girls! Except my kids would bombard me as soon as I would walk in the door :) Good Luck getting those lists!

Unknown said...

Your shopping trip sounds like fun.

I am doind SO much shopping on line this year. I think it's because I have an 18-month old and holiday shopping with him just doesn't sound like that much fun!

Anonymous said...

Christmas shopping?- ALL DONE! :)

♥ Becky ♥ said...

WOW that all made me a little lightheaded. :-) Unfortunately I am always a last minute shopper, plus I have my boys bday in December and that always throws a wrench in the plans. :-)

Can I give you my lists??? :-)

Brittany said...

I'd like a vacation for Christmas, please.... :)


Seriously, have a wonderful time!

Smiling Shelly said...

I am hoping that my babe will be in town this weekend too so mom and I can get some shopping done. But really, I’m not ready yet. I haven’t done the first thing to prepare for this. I’m not in the mood for Christmas yet….it’s still too early (Bah-humbug!) But you have fun this weekend (I’m sure you will! :)

PS. If you find any 'extra' money lying around for friends, I could use a couple of new outfits or something... :)

Anonymous said...

I can't think of anything much more perfect than a girl's weekend where you Christmas shop. The person who came up with that idea deserves a massage!

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite shopping holiday.