Friday, September 25, 2009

A Heart Attack with a Side of Laughter

In about 4 weeks, we will be closing on our new house!!!

I'm so excited!

Everytime I go by the house there is something new for me to 'aww' over.

I went by last night and I was greeted with carpet, a mailbox, a shower door, bathroom mirrors...and an alarm system.

That greeting wasn't all that pleasant.

I have a key to the house. I belong there. I am not trespassing when I go in.

We noticed a 'beep beep beep' when we opened the front door the other day, so I was aware that the alarm system was in place.

But last night...the 'beep beep beep' was a non-stop beep beep beep beep....

And then...

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And then...

WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Oh my goodness.

My BFF said my face was priceless.

I wanted to leave. I was embarrassed even though no one was around...I was just sure that I had disturbed the entire neighborhood.

I had to call hubby for the builder's rep's phone number.

I left a message and she called me right back with the code for the alarm...and my embarrassment turned to 'a little ticked off'.

They KNOW I have a key and that we wait until we know the workers are gone before we go over there...why in the world didn't they tell me that I'd be greeted with an alarm?? I should've been given the code when they decided to set the alarm.

Anyway, I already had a headache and I was given a 'heart attack'....and I felt like I needed to throw up for about an hour after the ordeal.

But mixed in was a little laughter. My friend thought my face was hilarious. I thought her 'cartoon feet' slipping on the paper covering the hardwood floor was a riot. You should of seen us booking through a dark house after we reset the alarm...

Crazy moments like these are never forgotten.

I'm glad I wasn't alone.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

Ah ha ha ha. Good times.
I am so excited for you too!

Suzanne said...

We have had the privilege of building a house. You should be excited!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the good laugh! I am just picturing you freaking out :)