I suppose blogging has moved beyond the back burner for a while.
Longer than I meant for it to.
Not sure where to start to fill you in on all our happenings...so let's get random.
- The house is great. It's coming together more slowly than I'd like...we don't do enough in the evenings to get things together. I suppose it's just too tempting to sit on the new furniture and relax since we feel like we have been on a rollercoaster for most of the year.
- The kids' rooms have been painted and put together for the most part. I haven't gotten curtains put up just yet...soon I hope. I will post pictures before too long!
- About 3/4 of my Christmas shopping is complete because I was able to travel with my girls this past weekend for a shopping trip. It's an annual event and there were twice as many of us this year. We had a great time and got TONS accomplished!
- I ate at The Cheesecake Factory for the first time ever...it was wonderful! I'm really glad we don't have one here because it would be awfully tempting to go too often. The Fried Macaroni & Cheese ball appetizer is scrumptious...my entree was superb...and the cheesecake? All eight of us ordered a different cheesecake and we each tried them all. PERFECT way to go!
- I am hosting my very first Thanksgiving dinner this year...we finally have the room!! We will have the same foods my family is used to...only they won't all be prepared the 'usual' way. I hope it will be pleasing (not to mention edible!)
I hope you are all doing well...