Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ABC Bible Verses

We try to do a Bible story with our kids each night. We did a whole 365 day Children's Bible last year...and then we blanked out for various life-changing reasons (which, duh, is the time you need to be in the Word the most!), but one night we found a solution.

This book was given to Evan for his birthday by one of his teachers at church. It fell through the cracks until Evan brought it to me one night. From that night forward, we started doing one letter per night.

Both of my children, and even Dad and I, have learned 26 Bible verses.

It is a joy to my heart to hear the kids recite them....and use them randomly throughout the day. Most of the time, it's appropriate for the situation, but there has been a time or two when it hasn't been.

The 'Y' verse: "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you." John 15:14

My sweet Evan used this on his sweet friend Rachel.

Ahem.

Yes, there was a corrective conversation held by Dad.

But really, MOST of the time, the use of the verse is appropriate.




ABC Bible Verses: Hiding God's Word in Little Hearts by Susan Hunt


Tina

No comments: