Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'll take one order of 'Routine', please!!

Tomorrow...

Life will get back to 'normal'...and a little more normalcy will follow next week!

School starts tomorrow for one kiddo.

Next Tuesday for the other.

Ahhhh....

It's been a VERY busy summer.

We traveled. We swam. We played softball. We took piano lessons. We worked. We fished.

Oh and we SWEATED!!!

It's not quite time for the sweat to dry up, but by golly, it's time to calm down.

Bed times will be earlier...even for the parents.

We will have schedules.

It will help me SO much in every department. My housework. My work-work. My health. Summer has been a blast, but boy has it sidetracked my eating/workout habits! Having the kids in school will allow me to get more acquainted with a new friend...a road bike. A 'Lance Armstrong' type of bike for me to take up cycling. Hubs and I had a few days this summer to ride together...17.5 miles is my longest ride so far. I plan to venture out on my own...right after I learn to change a flat by myself. I can't wait!!

Now....I must go pray for a cold-front...

5 comments:

JMBMOMMY said...

Ready for things to settle down here too! But what a great, VERY hot summer! :)

Aspiemom said...

I'm trying to get back into a schedule, too, only I homeschool my son and have to work around that.

Doran & Jody said...

Sounds like you have had a full summer.

Good luck on the schedules and road bikin'.

Unknown said...

Four of my kids start school tomorrow and the last one starts on monday. I am ready for some routine around this house too :)

Road biking is my FAVORITE way to exercise. LOVE LOVE LOVE it :) I have topped out at 26 miles. Have fun!

Oh Dear said...

We love our bicycles! It has been too hot to ride but tonight I hoped on with kids and baby in babyseat and rode! It amazes me how those 6 year old legs can keep up!