Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fold your arms, stomp your foot and tell God 'no'...

...and see what happens.


Have you ever said "never"?


Did it ever come back to bite you?


Hubby and I once said that we'd never move back to the county we live in now. That 'never' didn't hold up. You see, if your 'never' isn't God's 'never', you don't have much say.


My daughter attends a WONDERFUL private school. We completely feel that it was God's plan to have her there...it's been confirmed over and over.


Our son is set to start kindergarten in the fall...and suddenly things have changed.


God is still providing the means to have the children attend said school...but He is telling me it's time to change the plan.


Say what, God!??!! I'm not understanding. Are you SURE?!!?


Over the past couple of years, I have gotten closer to people I was already acquainted with and developed several new friendships. Ever wonder why God has placed certain people in your life? It became pretty clear to me a few weeks ago.


In my case, it's for guidance, encouragement and support.


I'm going to need it.


After saying that I never would, I will be homeschooling our children after this school year.


knock knock knock


Did you HEAR me!??!!


I WILL BE HOMESCHOOLING OUR CHILDREN!!!


I can hardly believe that this is the journey that God is sending me on. I mean, I was looking forward to having both children in school. I was looking forward to having five days a week to do everything I needed to do. THIS was SO not MY plan! But I believe I am being obedient in my submission.


My husband has been completely supportive. My friends have been as shocked as me encouraging. My family seems to have handled the news well, and the children? The children are VERY excited!!!


We have no idea how long this will be God's plan...but we will follow the path He is carving for us at this time and see where it leads.


And I will do my best to never say never again.



Photobucket

7 comments:

JMBMOMMY said...

Love it!

Becky said...

I have to chime in and say that I am learning to never say never to God...because you are right...if its not the same Never that He has, it just kind of feels a little like laughter. I said I would never move back to KC...and I have already lived here for a year. I said I would never let myself fall in love again, its too risky, and again He had other plans. I said I would never think about marriage again...again kind of feels like laughter at a challenge. (not that I am letting myself think much about that one yet...but everyonce in awhile the thought does creep in). I so hear you sister! And as for the homeschooling thing...it is really rewarding no matter how long you "get" to do it. Kind of like being a mom...hardest job you will ever love! You can do it!

Amy said...

You'll do great!! I also found myself following that same plan from God...Who Knew? Only HE did!

Love ya!!
Amy:0)

Jana @sidetrackd said...

So true! We will begin homeschooling E this year, as well. It is an exciting and scary time!

Beth Cotell said...

ACK!!! I better watch it because I have also said I will NEVER homeschool! Good luck! And you know that God will give you exactly what you need to do this job.

Doran & Jody said...

Good luck with the homeschooling!!

I've always told my kids to:

NEVER....SAY NEVER.

As just as important....never say:
My kids will never do that. It may come back to bite you!

Jen said...

I'm always so impressed with how you listen and are willing to do what you've been inspired to do. I know you will do well. There's so many support options out there. Good luck!