Friday, September 7, 2007

Weekend Update

The kids are sleeping. Donald is out playing cards. And I'm up, in the quiet and it's N-I-C-E!!

I had a little jewelry party tonight. I was hoping for a better turn-out, but I had a fun bunch of ladies and we had a good time. My poor Premier lady was hit with a kidney stone and was unable to make the show...she sent her dear husband over to give me all her jewelry so I could still have the party. I have a crazy friend who took it upon herself to 'sell' the jewelry...I think she could sell anything! I served a few refreshments...one being a really popular, sinful thing I call a 'Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball' - so popular I'll just post the recipe and you can try it for yourself!!

8oz Cream Cheese
1 stick butter
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Set out cream cheese & butter to become room temperature. Mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Slowly add sugars and mix until creamy. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill for 2 hours. Form into ball (optional - roll in pecans). Serve cold with Chocolate Cracker Sticks or Graham Cracker Sticks. Easy and DELICIOUS!

Tomorrow we'll be going to a very cool birthday party at Pump It Up. Ella really has enjoyed this place in the past...and I expect Evan to have a blast. Speaking of Evan...he counted to twenty yesterday! Unprompted, just did it while in his own little world. Then of course when we tried to get him to do it again he left out numbers. Oh well. This is still a wonderful accomplishment that I don't think Ella was doing at that age.

Have a great weekend...ta-ta!

No comments: