Friday, November 23, 2007

Why is it impossible for me NOT to eat!?!?!

Is it just me or do some of you feel like you've seen enough food for a year?? I think I ate about 19,000 calories yesterday. I should probably wire my mouth shut, or at least live on crackers and water until at least January. Last night, I thought about how I should eat light today; how I didn't feel like I'd even be able to eat. I wanted to not be hungry for anything today. My dad came in town today, so I ended up back at my grandparents house...with the leftovers from yesterday. I didn't eat a plateful of the 'meal' food, no, I went straight for the most delicious chocolate pie and carrot cake ever baked. Oh it was gooooooood...again. I don't want to be hungry, I don't want to be hungry, I DON'T WANT TO BE HUNGRY!! Hello...Brain...Stomach...do you hear ME?!?!? Sigh. Tomorrow is another day.

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. The best entertainment of the day was all of us playing the Wii. We mostly bowled and played tennis...really fun. It was super fun to introduce my grand-daddy to the Wii. He was amazed by how it works...and at how much fun he had bowling. We also played Yahtzee...an ol' faithful game for ya. Then, we flipped through the sale papers; I saw a few good deals, but did I get up before dawn to go shopping? Nay, nay. I slept in because my kids slept in. Thank you, precious children! We did do a little shopping this afternoon and I've ordered a few things online...but I'm planning to completely finish my shopping next weekend. Thursday, I'll be heading out of town with some girlfriends...our 2nd annual Christmas Shopping Weekend Extravaganza! Can't wait!! Four days and three nights with no babies, what a quiet, little, no-diaper-changing-no-kid-bathing-no-fish-stick-cooking hard weekend it will be. Hubs can handle it...can the kids??

1 comment:

Fresh Girl said...

I'm struggling with the same inability to say no to Thanksgiving food this weekend. I told myself I wouldn't have any except on Thanksgiving Day, but what did I eat all day yesterday? Yup, Thanksgiving food. So, this morning when I got up, I got on the scale to see if there was any damage.

Oh, yeaaaah! I'm back to being good today, but it's not easy. So far, so good though. :)