Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Something Touching For Your Tuesday

My post today is a complete 180 from the silly post I wrote yesterday...which, by the way, sparked lots of comments...there's something to be said about our human commonality!!

I've been reading a very special blog for a while now...I can't remember exactly when I got hooked, but if you'll visit Confessions Of A CF Husband, you will be touched. It's the story of Nate and Tricia...and their new little girl, Gwyneth Rose. Nate is the author of the blog...he does a fantastic job sharing his perspective about what God is doing in their lives. One of the biggest miracles was the arrival of their daughter, born at just over 24 weeks gestation...and she is as healthy as she can possibly be (and nearly a month old)!!

One of my favorite posts from Nate is this one. What could be sweeter?

Nate's recent posts have been about the beginning of his romance with Tricia. Yesterday he wrote about the first time he ever saw her...he mentioned the date he thought it was and said that Tricia has always said he was wrong. After I read the post, I left a comment telling Nate that I was sorry, but Tricia was right. He said they met on August 5, 2000, a Sunday. I kindly told him that 8/5/00 was a Saturday, my wedding day. I felt a little bad about leaving a comment correcting him on HIS blog. Later, I checked his site again and looked over some of the other comments. Someone left a comment that the date was correct b/c it was also her anniversary. Well...I went back to the post and checked the date again. This time it said August 6th. Did I read it wrong before? Did I just correct this guy on HIS blog and I'm the wrong one? I felt like a heel. I deleted the first comment I left for him and wrote another comment givng a big fat apology.

Now get this! This morning, I ran across an email from Nate in my inbox!! He said that he went back and corrected his date after reading my first comment!! Holy Cow, I'm not crazy!! He said that he deleted my apology comment so people wouldn't think I was crazy...and now I don't feel so terrible!! I will do my best not to correct him again...it's not my place. Nate needs only to be concerned for the health of his girls, not some chick he doesn't know correcting his love story!

Please spend some time on Nate's blog and get to know this family...they would appreciate your prayers...and hey, leave a comment for Nate to let him know you're praying for him and his beauties.

5 comments:

CFHusband said...

I never said you weren't crazy...just hoped that people wouldn't think that... :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! It's nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to checking Nate's blogs out. I love to read blogs written by males!

Kellan said...

I will go over and check out this great sounding blog - thanks Tina. Have a good evening. Kellan

jennwa said...

I will have to go check it out, I look forward to read his blog.

Melissa said...

Cool thanks for the tip!