1. Hubs realized today that he can't come home until Friday when the plan all along has been Thursday. I'm bummed.
2. The Sound of Music...my kids LOVE IT! I didn't see it until I was in college, and even then, I don't think I watched the whole thing. It came on tv a few weeks ago and Donald turned it on for Ella. She's been singing it ever since. And Evan, sweet love, I can do the little 'so do la fa mi do re' and he will do the second half (so do la ti do re do) of it without even blinking. I love it!
3. I got some new running shoes a couple weeks ago. I just got them out yesterday. I walked a half mile, ran a half mile, walked a half mile and ran another half mile. It felt pretty good...so I'll try to stick with a plan and build up my mileage.
4. Hubs says I must be going through a mid-life crisis (Lord, I hope this isn't my 'mid-life'!) because I've been rearranging everything. Not only have we done some work in the living room, but I've rearranged both of the kids' rooms...completely different...and I love it! It's revitalizing my house, people. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, right?
5. Ella can get onto a swing and get to swinging all by herself. That may seem small, but not having to push both of my kids on the swing anymore is really great!! Not to mention how proud she is of herself...so fun to see her accomplish something new.
6. I'm playing fall ball this year. Softball, that is. I haven't played fall ball since 2004. That's the year I blew out my knee and had to have surgery. Now I play wearing a nice brace. Mamas don't get time off for knee surgery, amen!?
7. Hubs has 6 1/2 weeks of employment left. Please pray for God to open doors...
8. The Biggest Loser starts tonight...I'm a fan.
9. QRB = Quesadilla, rice & beans. Ella's request for dinner just about every night. Think we eat Mexican too often??
10. I need to start seriously thinking about what to do for Evan's 3rd birthday party next month. His past two parties have been outdoors...and I stressed out over the weather each time. I'd love to do something indoors...without spending a fortune. Ideas anyone? Oh, and I might have to have it on a weeknight because hubby will be out of town (on his last work trip) the weekend before his birthday and the next weekend is Halloween. Hmmm...we could do a day-after-Halloween costume party...but where?