This 'Ten on Tuesday' was almost 'TWO on Tuesday' because I thought I was too tired to come up with ten things...I was wrong so now you have reading material. Lucky you...
1. It's too cold to play softball...but I did it last night anyway. And we won, so I guess that made it worth it. (Sorry...I am not one of those 'for fun' people...I like to win!!)
2. I was very bummed when my daughter didn't get a trophy at the soccer awards ceremony last night. No one got a trophy. They got duffle bags. Nice duffle bags, but duffle bags aren't trophies. I am disappointed. I may have to get her a trophy myself...
3. Hubs comes home today from his last business trip. (yippie!) He'll be home the rest of this week; work next week at the current job, and start the new job on the 10th. Please pray for a smooth transition.
4. I think we'll be taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese this afternoon. The four of us go there for each of the kids' birthdays...just to do our own little family thing. AND...since daddy missed Evan's actual birthday, I think we'll give him his gifts from us and make the 'day after your birthday' really special! (thank goodness he's only 3...otherwise I'd feel really bad!)
5. Growing pains. They are for real. I remember having them when I was growing up and so does hubby. Now Ella is being plagued with them. Poor girl...
6. I really need to get an oil change. Did I say hubs is off the rest of the week?? hmmmm
7. Want to know something I dread? I really dread rotating out summer/winter clothes for the kids. I do not like shuffling clothes around. AND...we have been blessed with lots of hand-me-downs for each of them...but I'm thinking seriously of 'rationing' the clothes. Only so many shirts, pants, dresses, whatever...what do you think??
8. We got small fish tanks for the kids last week. We bought 10 fish total. We have already killed 3.
9. I'm so glad Donald is coming home today. He has been missed!! ;-) I mean, we're killing fish around here...we need daddy!
10. Evan's birthday party is Saturday (I decided on an indoor inflatables party). I keep asking him what kind of cake he wants. The first few times, he said he wanted 'Boots' on the cake (Dora's monkey friend, for those who could somehow be clueless), but I told him to pick something else. "Choose something different. What do you want on your cake?" He says, with the biggest grin ever, "ME!!" I'm telling you...he knows he's good looking!!
Happy Tuesday, folks!!