I was tagged by a new friend, go meet Space of Grace, I'll wait right here.
[insert Jeopardy theme]
You're back, great! Isn't she neat!!?
Anywho, she tagged me to post 7 random things about myself. I've posted lots of random stuff before so I'm going to try to come up with 7 things you haven't heard before...here goes...
1. Hubs and I started dating in August of 1994. We married in August of 2000. In August of 2010, we will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary...and 16 years together, which will be half of our lives! I think this is really cool...and really deserving of a cruise or something. (sweetie, did you make a note of that???)
2. I work at home...not only raising my kids, but doing several things for 'ABC' company. I deal worker's comp issues - I'm the liason between any injured workers we have and our insurance company. I also fill out employment verifications, and last week I was given data entry work to do each week. It took a long time to get this job, but I just kept waiting and it's definitely blessing our family.
3. I know I've mentioned somewhere before that I have wide feet. But what I haven't told you is that I used to tell my husband that there just has to be a procedure I can have done to make them more narrow. Like, maybe I could convince some crazy plastic surgeon, who needs to fund his vacation home, that we could remove my pinky toes and about an inch-wide strip of 'foot' down that side so I could have not-so-ducky feet. This is where you can call me stupid...it's ok, really.
4. When I eat Skittles or M&Ms, I usually poor them into my hand and eat the color with the least number of 'mates' first. If there is one lonely green guy, he goes down the hatch first and so on. Oh boy, I just went from stupid to psycho.
5. If you were standing at the foot of my bed, I sleep on the left...any time we've ever traveled and deviated from me sleeping on the left, I have not slept well. It's not good for 'traveling mommy' to not have rest!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it, amen?
6. When I was 16, I played Junior Olympic softball. It was the best summer ever (and I had only been playing ball for 3 years!). I met so many wonderful girls...who played ball for expensive private schools and I felt honored to play with them. It also felt really good to even be considered good enough to play with them. And then I got a trophy...wow! To get a trophy for the game I played among those girls...it was really great. There are not many things in life I would do differently if I had a chance, but I certainly should have played ball in college.
7. Sometimes, ok, most of the time, when my kids ask me a question, about anything really, my first response is never or boogar(s). (if I'm in a good mood) "Mom, what can I have for a snack?" Boogars. "Mom, can I play outside?" Never. They have, of course, learned that I am crazy and my real answer is coming right after they say 'NNooooooooo' and we all have a great laugh. It's fun, you should try it!
Hope you enjoyed that!!
Here are the rules of the tag:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write seven random things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post.
Note: If all of your friends have been tagged already, just list 7 things in a comment for all to enjoy!
The 7 lucky folks I'm tagging are:
Jen @ Daily Dose of Motherhood
JMB Mommy @ His Grace Is Enough
Amy @ The Morrison Five
Laura @ Memphis Matthews
Beth @ A Mom's Life
Lizzie @ My Amazing Grace and Other Adventures
Jen @ Living the Life
Looking forward to learning a little more about these ladies!!