Friday, June 26, 2009

Grilling Goodness

GoldenGoodness

****Stinkin' autopost didn't post this morning...anyone else having trouble???****


Griling...grilling with company. I have some friends in town from Texas and I told her that she had to write the questions this week...so here we go!!!

1. When you were growing up dreaming of having children...dreaming of what their names would be...did you stick with those names?

2. Are you affected by the death of Michael Jackson?

3. Do you use your dishwasher and your fireplace?

4. Have you ever been on a mission trip?

5. Will your kids participate in a Vacation Bible school this summer?

6. What about the economy is affecting you the worst?

7. Do your kids do chores?

8. Do you use energy efficient light bulbs?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Answers!

1. I don't remember dreaming up names...I'm sure I did. I do know that I named all my stuffed animals Fluffy or Samantha...needless to say, those are not my children's names...although Evan is fluffy.

2. Not one bit. I have no words.

3. We use our dishwasher all the time. The fireplace. The thing we just HAD to have when we bought our house...we've never lit it.

4. I have never been on a mission trip. I think I would like to go somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Or when.

5. Ella has already been to VBS this summer...she loved it! She's still singing the songs!

6. I suppose the way we are most affected is the gas and grocery prices. We keep our 'financial nose' pretty clean so we don't have to deal with the increasing rates for everything. Until we buy our new house, that is. Even then, God will be taking care of us!

7. We still haven't started a regular chore list...lazy momma, I guess. Ella makes her bed everyday without being told to. Other than that, I just tell them what I need them to do when I need them to do it.

8. We only have a few energy efficient bulbs...but in our new house...we probably will use them everywhere.

Thanks for the questions, friend!!!

I hope you all have time to play...I hope I have time to visit. Loser!

Leave me a comment if you get to play!!!!

Photobucket

8 comments:

McFurr said...

Glad neither of your children are named Fluffy.

I posted http://mcfurrmoments.blogspot.com

Becky said...

The only thing about Michael's death that has affected me is wondering if my husband heard about it in Cancun. He loves to know all the trivia stuff like that.
And, I too, am glad you didn't name anyone Fluffy...kids get made fun of way to easy anyways...glad you didn't even nickname one that.
Super excited about your new house to come!

purejoy said...

i've already posted today so i'll answer here (if that's okay)
1. kids names. i can't even remember my choices. i settled on alexander and mclean (rhymes with jane)

2. death-o-mj not hardly a shocker. sort of this generation's elvis

3. yes on the dishwasher and nope to the fireplace (can't stand the old fireplace smell every time it rains)

4. been to china 3 times, led the last two trips. me + highschool/college girls= lots-o-responsibility + megafun

5. vbs? too old now and have jobs that keep them from volunteering

6. we own a small biz (chain of restaurants) and loans are impossible and business is down. two off to college = many loans. also hard to come by. boooo!

7. chores. .. i wish they did more. they clean their bathrooms, their rooms and do yardwork (grudgingly). also capable of doing laundry.

8. i would rather use warm incandescent lights, but every time a bulb blows, the hubster replaces with a flourescent. boooo again, but the savings is good.

have a blessed weekend!

JMBMOMMY said...

1. I loved the name Micah (there was a little boy named that in our church..and I thought he was adorable.) I also loved McKayla...My husband agreed to both until the children really came..and then used his VETO card on McKayla. But I do have a cutie pie Micah. :)
2. Are you affected by the death of Michael Jackson? I just think it is sad for who he proably wasn't..and that is a child of God...he had a soul...and probably no hope after death. That affects me.

3. Do you use your dishwasher and your fireplace? Dishwasher--YES!! Fireplace--No. We even paid extra to get one in our last house..and still didn't use it!

4. Several in high school--to inner city locations (Houston and Chicago)...so much fun!
5. Will your kids participate in a Vacation Bible school this summer? Probably not. We just moved here and things are busy.

6. What about the economy is affecting you the worst? OUr house not selling and being forced to rent..but we are thankful that the mortgage is covered for now.

7. Do your kids do chores? We don't have chore lists...everyone just helps out when needed.

8. Do you use energy efficient light bulbs? We are starting to....switching over slowly.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Fun questions! I ditto your Michael answer! :)

mary said...

I think I missed last week. I'll be joining. I too am glad you didn't go with Fluffy for a child name!!

Anonymous said...

My post is up!

http://ispeakbeanish.wordpress.com/2009/06/26/grilling-goodness-33/

I'm sure Evan is glad you didn't stick with the Fluffy name. :)

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I was away until today, but played along now. Thanks for the fun :)

http://www.theangelforever.com/?p=1347