Friday, February 5, 2010

Life

...is busy.

I'm trying to stick to the schedule I made for myself, but it hasn't been easy.

I let myself 'sleep in' on my birthday because...well...dog gone it...I deserve it, right?

I tend to stay up to late which keeps me from always getting up way early in the morning to get my workout in. I sometimes wait until after getting Ella off to school to do it. You see, when I get up earlier to do it, I also get showered and I'm ready for the day. When I'm lazy and I don't make it out of bed 'on time', I have to make up the workout later, I have to get showered later, and every other item on my schedule gets shifted...or knocked off completely.

Anyway...finding a balance in life is hard. I'm not going to give up, but I might have to modify the schedule. If things aren't done at the SAME time each day, so be it...as long as they get done I'll consider it a successful day.

**My birthday was fabulous, by the way. Hubby came through on the Spa Day (which I'll be enjoying next week!!), he got me flowers and an ice cream cake. We also went out for dinner, because HELLO, who wants to cook on their birthday!? We went for a simple Red Robin dinner since they sent me a 'free burger' for my birthday. But last night we went to Texas de Brazil with my best friend and our husbands...we had both received a complimentary meal for our birthdays (it's all about using those coupons, people!! I'm good at using coupons for free food, but the grocery is another story) We weren't disappointed...just overloaded!! SO it's been a great week!!

How about you!?

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

"Balance" was my word for last year! It is difficult, but you get used to it, unfortunately sometimes you have to say NO to some things in order not to lose it! Happy Birthday , by the way, Tina!! :)

Doran & Jody said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

I am so with you on the staying up too late (actually I don't have to stay up late) and not getting up early for my exercise. However, I have to go to work instead of doing it later. And then by time I get off work I am too tired.

I really need to get in a routine! And not the lazy one. I have that one down good.

Kelli said...

I wish I could get up before everyone but thats not going to happen with Kimber waking up a million times per night. And this past week, we have all been sleeping until about 8:45! yikes, I have to leave to take Kimber to school on T, W and Th by 9;15, which makes for a few dashes around the house. Have fun at the spa!

Jen said...

Glad you had a good birthday! And I know what you mean about having a routine. I didn't get my workout done until 12:30 on Monday. It felt like a wasted day. Well other than I did my workout!