Monday, October 6, 2008

Stuff - for lack of a better title

In case you don't already know...

HUBBY GOT A NEW JOB!!!

- We'll be staying where we are!
- His salary will go up!
- His benefits and 'time-in' will carry over!
- He won't have to travel...maybe ever!!

And as a bonus, he is at 'use or lose' with his vacation time...so between now and his last day (Nov 7th), he will have to take eleven days off work! Yippie do!!

We may get to take a small family trip! WooHoo!!

Praise God!

Thank you for all of your prayers!!

God is GOOD!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ella's Sunday School Teacher: "So, Adam and Eve ate fruit from the tree that God said not to eat from..."

Ella: "It was an apple!"

ESST: "Well, the Bible doesn't SAY it was an apple, but maybe."

Ella: "It WAS an apple...I have the movie!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This weekend, I attended a Women's Conference at my church. Our guest speaker was Jean Stockdale. I had previously participated in two DVD Bible Studies written and taught by Mrs. Jean...so I was thrilled that I was going to meet her in person!
I found Jean on facebook not long ago and added her as a friend. When I found out that she was coming to my church, I let her know how excited I was...she told me to be sure to introduce myself so we could know each other 'beyond the computer'. I just knew it was going to be a fabulous weekend.
Mrs. Jean did not disappoint! She has the best life-illustrations to help you see how God's word can be found, and/or applied, in any situation...and her stories are filled with humor. I was literally in stitches with laughter. What a fun way to learn!
Oh, what a joy to hear the Biblical teachings of Mrs. Jean!
If you are looking for a great Bible study, please look into the studies published by Jean Stockdale...you will love them!

Photobucket

21 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Yay for the job!!! Ella cracks me up!!! When Emma was 4 or 5 she was explaining in sunday school how one of the prophets HAD brown hair and knew it because of the DVD that we had... I love how kids think! :)

Unknown said...

That is so wonderful about your husband's job! I love to hear about God working like that! Praise the Lord! I hope you guys take a family vacation and have a great time!

Kids DO say the cutest things!

Your women's conference and Mrs. Jean sounds so neat. I'm glad you had that time of refreshment!

Amy said...

Woo Hoo! Go God!
I'm so thankful that your prayers were answered in such a BIG way! That is awesome!

Out of the mouths of babes!:)

I will check Jean Stockdale out....You know I love the humor applied to God's lessons for us.

Big hugs,
Amy:)

Brittany said...

What wonderful praises! :) Congratulations on EVERYTHING! Take a trip to Ohio... I hear it's an exciting place to visit. ;) ha ha ha.

Have a great week!

Chris said...

Wow, what I relief. I was worried about breaking in a new choir buddy.

Unknown said...

Praise God for your husband's new job! I am so happy that things are even better!

Unknown said...

Doing the happy dance for the new job!! ya whoo!!

"I have the movie" Hee Hee that one made me laugh!!!

Lorrie said...

I hate that I missed the conference. I have heard good things about it. I'll have to check Jean out on-line. I had never heard of her until now. I love a person who can make me laugh.

Congrats on the job. I know you feel relieved!


L-

Smiling Shelly said...

YAY for Hubby and the family!!

How funny Ella!!

I'll have to check Jean out online..

Cheryl said...

I am so happy for your family and the new job! God is so good! That Ella is a funny girl!

I am going to check out Jean Stockdale, she sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! God is awesome!

I admire that you were brave enough to take naps on your lunch when you were pregnant. I so wanted to but was really afraid I wouldn't wake up when I needed to. Oh well! I made it through!

Jenny said...

YAY! Congratulations on your husband's new job! How exciting and wonderful for your family.

I can't wait to check out Mrs. Jean...thanks!

Shannon said...

Go to Destin with the rest of us. Um, next week. lol

Sara said...

Okay, first of all, I DID take a shower and yes I WILL go to bed soon, but I wanted to hop on your blog really quick to say thanks for the Jean Stockdale story. It really made my day!

Okay, second of all.. You guys are so blessed with Hubby's job. We were praying and praying for you guys to stay put. YAY! Now you'll have one amazing friend with curly hair who is known as "My Sippy Cup" lol

Third of all... Ella.. I HAVE the movie! LOL

Have a great night sweetie!

Mia said...

Praising God with you!!!
Having just gotten back from Women's Retreat I can def. say GOD IS SO GOOD!!! I love how He uses these gifted women to bless us!

Breanne said...

That is so great!! Congrats!
Ella is funny!

Jen said...

So glad to hear about your husband's job! Hooray for no travel time!

Love the apple comment! Kids are so cute!

Glad you enjoyed your Women's conference. I love those little pick me ups we all need. Recharges the batteries!

Tracey said...

SO SO SO HAPPY FOR HUBBY AND YOU!!!! GOD BLESS!

Anonymous said...

We are still praising God with you!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Tina. I spotted your blog. Thank you for the kind things you said about my ministry to women, and especially moms. I loved being at First Millington. It was a great weekend. Everyone was so kind and so teachable. And quick to laugh. Oh how I love to laugh watch the crowd crack up! You are at a great church.

I will be doing a Women's Conference at Advent Pres. on Germantown Road at the end of January. Maybe you can come and spend the weekend with me again.

Thank you for your endorsement and your kind words of encouragement. God bless. jean stockdale

Denise said...

Woo hoo - Congratulations! I'm so happy for your family.
Denise