Monday, April 13, 2009

While in Texas...

When we started planning our trip to Texas, I began to daydream about meeting a blog friend while I was there. I wasn't quite sure how it was going to happen, I just knew that I was determined to make it work.

One day, this Texas friend and I went back and forth on Facebook about how excited we were that we would soon meet...when another Texas friend noticed the conversation and said 'What?!? You're coming to Texas?!?'

Why, yes. Yes, I am. Want to meet??

And the wheels started turning.

I am not exactly sure who found who in blogland, but Kim and I have been reading one another's blogs for a while now. Kim's blog, Beanish & other languages I'm learning, is a wonderful journal of her family life. She has a very adorable daughter, whom she refers to as The Bean. Kim is married to T...and they are getting ready to close on their first house at the end of this month. They are a couple of super busy folks these days!!

Kim found a place for us to meet for dinner. Originally, Kim said she'd be bringing The Bean (whose birthday was the next day) and her mother, but when T's work schedule changed for the day, T and Kim's father decided to join us as well.

Kim and Me

T and the Bean

Kim's parents - Mr & Mrs H. Donald enjoyed chatting with them!



We had a great time talking in person...and it was SO comfortable...not at all like a first meeting.

Kim blogged about our meeting here. (Kim, you need to send me the pictures you took...I LOVE the picture of Donald and Ella!)

Because of the Bean's birthday and Donald preparing for his Ironman, this was only opportunity we had to meet...and it could've gone on forever...but all the little people we had with us needed to get home for bed!

I am so thrilled to have met Kim face to face. Miss Bean and T were great and her parents were a joy! Thank you all for taking the time to come meet us for dinner while we were in town!

Best wishes to Kim and T about the house...and congratulations to Miss Bean who will soon have a backyard all her own!! Maybe we'll get back to Texas to see your house sometime!

It's so awesome to get 'outside the box' to meet the people you're getting to know online...more to come...



Photobucket

7 comments:

purejoy said...

what fun to actually meet a blog friend face-to-face! i think it's great you got to meet the whole family, and it looks like everyone had a great time. hope the rest of your trip was fun, too!

Anonymous said...

that is too fun!

Unknown said...

Well, I can't tell where you are but if it was the Dallas area and I didn't get to meet you, there's gonna be trouble! ; )

Bloggy meet-ups are so fun!

JMBMOMMY said...

Well---I am happy for you...even though I think I may have been that other bloggy friend saying YOUR IN TEXAS!!!! I can't believe you passed through Temple and I didn't get to meet you....guess next time :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet post! We had SO much fun meeting y'all! Can't wait until we meet again, and I just KNOW we will!

mama's smitten said...

Great Story! I too have just met a blog friend. It was just by chance at Target!

Smiling Shelly said...

I'm sad...I never get to get out of my box :( TWO bloggy friend meetings in Texas?!?! What a great state!