Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Drama House

Ella is dramatic...that's putting it lightly. Her imagination has been running wild lately and she 'acts' like different people - and animals. Evan and Ella were playing in her room...and it got a little quiet. I decided to check on them and this is what I found:


They had climbed on top of her toy box! It was their 'stage', and she was performing. As you can see, they immediately sat down. I went over and said 'Ok, this is funny, and I'm not going to spank you this time, but you may not do this again...I love you, I'm glad you didn't fall, look how far you'll fall if you're not careful. Don't climb on the toy box.' We agreed that she can stand on her (toddler) bed and pretend it is her stage. I think she understands not to climb on the toy box...but Evan...I'm sure I'll catch him up there again sometime.

Then, tonight as we're all hanging out in the living room, I just watched my two beautiful children play. They are SO funny...even when they're fighting with each other. I really don't want to forget how they are together, well, maybe the parts where the screaming hits a glass-shattering pitch...so I just watched them. As I grabbed the camera I said to Ella 'I've had it with you...you're just too pretty'. A photo shoot began...here are two of the most precious faces I know:

Evan's pictures always look the same...it's because he says 'cheese' everytime you have the camera out...so every picture catches the same shape of his cheesin' mouth. Oh well.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yeah, you definitely have to be go check on them when they get quiet. I'm always afraid of what I'm going to walk in on too...I've had a few of those moments myself. I love Ella's answer...she so smart!!! :-) Evan's just a sweet boy and smart boy too...he knows when the camera comes out to say cheese...just precious.