Friday, October 19, 2007

3 and a wake up...

It's hard to talk about the sleeps...when my sleeps haven't been good lately. It started out with what is probably allergies - just couldn't breathe right and whatnot. Last night just stunk. I was wide awake at 3am after having tossed and turned for a while. My breathing was fine. I was in no pain. I have no idea what's going on. Ella had come to my bed so I couldn't give in and turn on the tv. And what would I get on tv anyway? A bunch of infomercials about some miracle product that could be mine for 5 easy payments of $39.95, right? TV would've been a bust. I tried sleeping on the couch. No go. It was too late for Tylenol PM. My mind wandered - I made a mental grocery list for today - I thought about the trip to NC coming up - and I thought about how poor Evan doesn't have a thing to wear on the 31st. Argh, go to sleep! I am very tired this morning...and probably shouldn't attempt grocery shopping with my two monkeys...but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

We had some rather strong storms roll through the area last night. About 8pm, right in the middle of Jungle Book, our power went out. I am very proud of the kids for not flipping out. I lit 3 candles and found each of them a little flashlight. We sat in our candlelit living room for about 35 minutes. Evan's brilliant little self worked a puzzle - that's pretty cool. We ate cookies and talked in the quiet. Other than sleeping, it was the quietest it's ever been here. Evan kept asking for the movie to come back on...he didn't understand 'the power's out'. Ella got it, though. She was calm and played just fine. When the power came back, they were able to finish the movie and head for bed.

Donald is so far ahead of us, he'll be marking off his next 'sleep' before us. When he calls me tonight, he'll only have two more sleeps. I know he's ready to come home..........

No comments: