No, no the sky isn't falling...I just like to keep you on your toes!
You may or may not remember that hubby was supposed to start a new job on Monday.
Supposed to being the key words here.
I will try to make a long story short...here goes.
- he applied back in July, interviewed in late Sept or very early October
- he was offered the job, and accepted it, in early October
- last Wednesday, he was called and told that the job offer had to be taken back
- someone made a mistake...hubby should never have been allowed to apply for the job, much less interview and have the job (because of who the job was open to, not because he was unqualified in any way)
- admitting their mistake, they decided that if they changed who was elligible to apply and reposted the job, they would still hire hubs after the 5-day job posting
So even though hubs had about a four hour period where he had no idea where this was going, God had it all under control.
The old job extended his employment until the new job can get it together.
The new job apologized profusely about the mistake (and the potential heart attack) and told hubs how much they really want him to come work for them. They've posted the job, which closes on Thursday, and then we should have an official job offer.
God is good. All the time.
And just a little funny side note...my friend Karen called me to ask me how hubby's first day at the new job was. I told her the whole story and when I got to the part about them posting the job she started laughing. She's been watching said job postings and was going home Tuesday night to apply for 'a job'...she quickly put two and two together and figured out that she would be applying for Donald's new job, which would be pointless. We had a good laugh...it was a good thing that she called to check on things!!
Find something to be thankful for today!!