Monday, February 15, 2010

V-Day weekend

Spa day was FANTASTIC!!!

I had a lovely time enjoying my massage, facial and pedicure. I even got my eyebrows waxed for the first time. (I'm a plucker, but with these babies being blonde, I've always known that I just can't get them all!! Not as much pain as I imagined, either) I also finished the day with a haircut...but my friend forgot the goods to do my highlights...so those will have to wait.

Anyway, it was a great day!!

Valentine's day was VERY untraditional for us this year.

No flowers. No fancy dinner. No chocolates. No card. (This does NOT mean that hubby is cheap. I guaranteed you he spent more on my 'choice'!!)

Just a night out without the kids and...

The whole 'having a new house to decorate' thing makes my yurn for trips to Hobby Lobby, Kirklands and Pier 1...so after hubby spent Saturday painting our guest bathroom, I told him that my idea of Valentine's day would be shopping for a few decor items, a burger and a movie. So that's exactly what we did. And it was great!

We didn't make it to Hobby Lobby, which is where the bathroom wall decor will probably come from, but we did venture into a store that we had not previously been to.

Pier 1.

Ooooo....we loved it!!

They have SO many things that BELONG in our house!!! We had to order the curtains we chose...and also a piece of art that they were sold out of, but we did bring home a couple of lamps for the living room. I luuuvvvv them!! Can't wait to get the other goods...and I can't wait until I can afford to get a few more things from that store!

Pictures are coming....

Tomorrow will be a very special edition of my very own Ten on Tuesday....don't miss it!

1 comment:

Doran & Jody said...

So glad you had a productive and fun weekend!!
Can't wait to see the pictures.